Are you currently in a situation where in your chances of spending some time in prison is evident? Do you think that you are going to pay quite a lot of money in order to bail out of prison? If you answer yes to both questions then you may want to hire a reputable criminal lawyer Ottawa like Celine Dostaler to help you out.
Your situation is serious so you cannot choose someone who is not reliable. You have to search for someone who is considered to be the best in your area. Even if you consider yourself competent and you have done a lot of research about your case, your abilities will not affect you positively in court. You still need someone who is not only familiar with the justice system but lives and breathes it in order to truly help you.
It is best to search for criminal defence lawyers in Ottawa who have handled cases that are similar to yours so they will be more familiar with the things they have to do. Just a thought to remember though, no two cases are the same. Your case may be similar to another person’s case but there are some differences that the lawyer you are going to choose should note.
When you hire the right lawyer, you can expect to get the following:
- You will be given details about the rules and regulations that you have to follow in court. If you would not hire the right lawyer, there is a big chance that you will never know what these rules are and you will only jeopardize yourself in front of the judge and the jury.
- You will be given a reality check. If you think that this is not serious, the Ottawa criminal lawyer will explain how grave your case is and how big your chances are of being acquitted. You can expect that there will be insights about your case that your lawyer will be rearing to share with you.
- If ever there are some things that you do not understand, you know that your lawyer will be in charge of providing you with what you need. If you want to plead guilty to your case, your lawyer will explain what the consequences of this action are. From there, you will get to decide if it is worth it or not.
- Your lawyer will be spending a lot of time on your case. There are even times when you may forget about your case even for a short while but your lawyer will bring you back to reality to update you about the progress of your case.
- If in case the other party is willing to settle out of court, it will be your lawyer who will be helping you. The lawyer will try his best in order to give you a fair settlement. Of course, if the other party does not want to settle, your lawyer will be representing you in court.
Even if you would read a lot of books about the law and even if you read articles about the amendments and changes with the law, you will not get the same knowledge that a professional lawyer has.