There are different kinds of arthritis among which rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is perhaps most lethal and impactful. It attacks synovial membrane (also known as synovium) which results in swollen joints and severe pain. Swelling might remain for a long period causing the organ to deform. It is hard to diagnose and requires special radiographic and several other lab tests for it diagnosis.
North York Physiotherapists recommend people to increase their knowledge about this particular diseases, because it can put your life in a great danger if remained unattended for a longer period. If you need any assistance, north york physiotherapy clinic has experts to treat your pain and teach you how to fight this disease.
It is one of the autoimmune diseases that causes inflammation around capsules and ligaments. This inflammation loosens cartilage’s ability to retain fluid and thereby soaking the liquid out of it. Cartilage reduces and wears away or become damaged thoroughly and exposing bones to collide and cause severe pain.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is common in women above 40 years than men of similar age group. However, it may occur in children and the people of every age group. After its diagnosis there is a high threat of blood clot in the patient of rheumatoid arthritis.
- When you wake up in the morning and find stiffness for around 30 minutes, that is alarming for you. You can check your hands, if they are red and puffy. You feel tenderness on joints and some times you will find rheumatoid tissues on the skin as well.
- Patient starts to feel swelling on similar parts on both sides of the body such as, fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees or ankles. Swelling makes the bones difficult to move as the movement becomes stiff and painful.
- Starting with smaller joints which show signs of stiffness, the problem persists to bigger joints and take over all the body parts in the end.
- Feeling tired most of the time and weight loss on regular basis.
Joint supplements are easily available in the market. Most of them have the following ingredients that are used separately, and in combination and determines the prices of the products. These ingredients are:
- Chondroitin, and
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM).
- Physical exercises
While it is very painful to move a leg or arm if the bones are stiff around elbows, wrists, knees, ankles and fingers, you can take physical therapy.
- Your physiotherapist in North York will help you to make easy yet cautious movements to avoid severe pain.
- After few days of sessions during which you might have to go through little bit of a pain you will be able to learn how to move affected areas in a number of ways to stop the cartilage damage process and prevent permanent damage.
It is a common observation by medical experts that if patient do not move affected organs they are exposed to quick deterioration and there are chances that other body parts will be affected from tissues damage.
- Occupational therapies
Your occupational therapists would guide you through to the whole phase of exercises, diet, schedule and other things to stop and prevent arthritis. It involves, certain exercises which you will be taught and a time allocated for each.
Your occupational therapist would devise a diet plan with particular food to be had. You will also be provided with valuable instructions on times and positions to sleep without feeling too much pain.